How to have a GREAT movie night at home!
1. In the summer, I suggest watching the movie outside under the stars, by getting a projector and projecting the movie onto a plain white wall, or a hoisted up sheet. Have heaps of bean bags, camp chairs, pillows so all your friends can just lounge around and relax! Have lemonade and ice, and watermelon, and popcorn. Also beach umbrellas are a good touch.
(I found this idea on pintrest, it sort of gives you an idea of what I’m talking about)
<a href=”//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fkentbrew%2F6851755809%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm8.staticflickr.com%2F7027%2F6851755809_df5b2051c9_z.jpg&description=Next%20stop%3A%20Pinterest” data-pin-do=”buttonPin” data-pin-config=”above”><img src=”//assets.pinterest.com/images/pidgets/pinit_fg_en_rect_gray_20.png” /></a>
2. Making your own movie pack are really fun. I made one for our family last night, and this was with limited resources I actually gave this to my Dad for father’s day and we watched Percy Jackson. It’s was really fun, and I had a tray with a bowl of plain popcorn, a jug of sparkling orange juice (just mix tonic water and orange juice), and some glasses. So everyone put their silly straw in their glass and poured themselves some sparkling OJ, and used their popcorn scoop and scooped up some popcorn and added whatever mixture of toppings they wanted:
3. One of the main reasons that I go to the movies, is for the perfect popcorn, so you want to make it just as tasty at home! You can use supermarket microwave popcorn which is really tasty, but I always use the cheaper version which is just the popping corn in a bag, which is about a $1. We used about a quarter of a bag for a family of six. You can microwave it by putting it in your average brown paper bag with a quarter of a cup of popcorn used:
As I said we had limited resources because Mum and Dad had just been to the supermarket and I didn’t want to have to make them go again. I would highly suggest not having melted butter, because from my experience, it make popcorn shrink, and really soggy, their might be some secret to it, please let me know if there is!
I also found this really cool recipe for Marshmallow Popcorn:
Movie night treat: Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn. 1/2 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. butter 9-10 marshmallows 12 c. popcorn. Microwave brown sugar and butter for 2 minutes. Add marshmallows. Microwave until melted, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Pour over popcorn.
4. Have little nick nacks or food to do with the movie/theme of the movie, for example, for polar express give out tickets that say believe (not my idea from: http://nestlingdesigns.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/polar-express-movie-night.html?m=1)
This is a really good blog and the polar express movie night ideas are awesome! Go check it out, but wait! Finish reading this awesome blog post first….
5. For kids, have a drive in movie in little cardboard cars! (Awesome idea but also not mine, don’t know where it’s from outside of pintrest though)
6.Just a minor detail to a good movie night is a good movie! (Sarcasm hehehe) You can easily find list of good movies on any good blog….. so you can just go back a few posts. (hehehe) And you can just go down to your local DVD shop, and they’ll probably suggest a good one to hire.
7. The most important thing to a movie night is friends and family! Get all the people you love to spend time with and bring them down and have a good time with them!
To get anymore inspiration, just check out my pintrest page: http://pinterest.com/alex9776/movie-night/
$37 – mandellia.fr
First of all, we’re sorry that we haven’t been online in ages but school has been eating us alive! we’ll try to do more posts and stuff but for now just bare with us c:
Anyway, on with the project~
things you’ll need for ombre part:
– denim shorts
– sink or bucket
– rubber gloves
– laundry soap
Put on rubber gloves and fill up bucket or sink with water.
Add bleach to the water. Around 1-2 cups
Then, add about a teaspoon of laundry soap to the water.
place your shorts about 3/4 of the way in the water/bleach mixture. Leave it in for a while until you’re satisfied with the color.
Rinse your shorts under water for a few minutes then throw them in the washing machine c:
Hang the shorts outside on the washing line to dry.
After this you should be done with the ombre part.
Now, on to studding~
things you’ll need for sudding:
– dart awl or sharp instrument
– flat head screwdriver
*Note. Only start studding the fabric when it’s completely dry!
Step: (for screw on studs)
poke a hole with your dart awl, insert the screw back through the hole from the underside of the garment. Screw the spike onto the screw back and tighten with the screwdriver.
Step: (for prong studs)
poke the prongs through the fabric and use your flat head screwdriver to flatten the prongs down tight against the fabric.